Throughout your life you have worked extremely hard to create a secure financial future for your family and loved ones. It is critical that you take the proper steps necessary to conserve your estate and financial security after you pass away.
If you fail to plan properly your assets could be distributed according to state and federal laws when you die, as opposed to how you truly want your estate to be handled. If you have minor children, a guardian would be appointed by the court without regard for your personal wishes.
Now is the time to make choices about your estate and personal affairs and how they will be administered in the event of your death or disability. You must decide how and to whom you would like your assets distributed at death, before it is too late. It is also vital to incorporate strategies to minimize the impact of estate taxes, income taxes, and other settlement costs that could severely diminish the value of your estate.
Optimal Wealth Strategies specializes in estate conservation. We will help you develop a plan to ensure you are remembered the way you want to be.
What Makes Up Your Estate
- Real Estate
- The value of your personal property
- Individual or group life insurance benefits
- Investment Accounts, such as, savings, cash, gold, stocks, bonds, annuities and other
- The value of your ownership interest in a business
- Retirement savings accounts
- Mortgages or other debts owed to you
An Effective Estate Plan will ensure that
- You are remembered how you want to be remembered
- Your dependents have the resources they need to carry on
- You minimize estate & income taxes and other transfer costs
- You avoid lengthy probate and the expense associated with it
- Your estate is distributed in the manner in which you intended
- Your minor children are cared for by the guardian you select
- If you become incapacitated, it is clear how and by whom your personal care, finances and health care decisions will be made
Common Tools for Estate Planning
- A Will
- A Living Will / Heath Care Proxy
- Power of Attorney
If you have any questions, please call Optimal Wealth Strategies today. We will answer all of your questions and help you develop a proper estate plan.